جمعه، شهریور ۹

Racism or Patriotism!


I've never thought of my self as a racialist...But yesterday I found I really am...Although it could be deduced totally as a patriotic feeling and nothing more!

But any how, we were in this Sufism program held by Turkish Embassy with organization and sponsoring of National University of Singapore, which included several lectures about Rumi and a SEMA performance.

It was noteworthy that me and my Iranian friends were so excited being among Turkish people, perhaps because of apparent similarities in the first place!! And then this excitement was intensified while listening to recitation of Molana's poems in Persian for attendees from other nations in auditorium.

So this is the question:

If we are all the inhabitants of this global village, why do we like to distinguish ourselves as the superior race by any chance at any opportunity! (Although I know, many will argue this could be applicable for other nationalities but not for us as Iranian with our current position and state among the world's people!)